Access Bank

GT Bank Ads




Passenger tries to strip Flight Attendant for failing to pick his Garbage


A passenger said to be a New Yorker, reportedly tried to rip a flight attendant's dress off after flying into a rage about her garbage not being picked up, police say.

Chenasia Campbell, reportedly lashed out on an American Airlines Miami to JFK flight on Saturday evening after upbraiding a crew member for failing to pick up her garbage.  

The 28-year-old woman was arraigned for an assault charge at Brooklyn Federal Court on Monday, and disguised herself with a surgical mask and sweater.  

A criminal complaint states that Campbell was traveling from Miami to New York on Sunday evening when the incident occurred. 

It said that midway through the three-hour flight she got up from her seat, followed a flight attendant to a crew area on the aircraft and began arguing.

A second flight attendant stepped in and tried to separate the two women, at which point Campbell, who previously worked for the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities, accused that second AA crew member of pushing her.

'[Campbell] then struck the victim with closed fists and pulled the victim's hair,' the document states. 

'At some point during the altercation, the defendant attempted to pull up or remove the victim's dress,' the complaint alleges. 

The passenger and the flight attendant she is accused of attacking were then separated, and Campbell made her way toward the bathroom, where she began arguing with another passenger, it is alleged.

Campbell then approached her alleged victim in the crew area again and began swearing at her and bragging that 'cops aren't going to do anything to me,' according to a criminal complaint.

Next, Campbell punched the American Airlines employee, causing both of them to fall to the floor, police say.

The injured flight attendant asked the captain to land the plane, but her request was denied.

The brawl only came to an end when she was restrained and cuffed by an off-duty NYPD officer who was also on board the jet. 

Campbell was handed over to the authorities after the flight landed at John F Kennedy International Airport in Queens on Sunday. 

According to a criminal complaint obtained by, Campbell was charged with interference with flight crew members and attendants, an offense is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.   

Post a comment