Friends trick 11-yr-old to be electrocuted in Delta - Welcome to Julia Blaise Blog

BREAKING NEWS

Quickly follow!!

Saturday, 9 September 2017

Friends trick 11-yr-old to be electrocuted in Delta

A Junior Secondary School student of an unidentified school in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, has been electrocuted to death.

The 11-year-old boy, identified only as Kingsley, reportedly died on Thursday after coming into contacts with fallen electric wires at Biogbolo community in the Yenagoa metropolis.

The powerline cables were said to have been fallen from a pole in the area after a downpour last week.

Some residents of the area explained that no heed was paid even though they had informed or registered their complaints to the Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company.

A source identified simply as Jessica, a resident of the community, claimed that Kingsley died immediately after coming into contacts with the collapsed cables.

She said the boy (Kingsley) was allegedly tricked by his friends to pick up the cable from the ground.

Jessica said, ‘The victim is a JSS 3 student. He was electrocuted while he was with his friends. The boy was tricked by his peers to pick up the cable that fell down from a pole in the area.”

It was learnt that some sympathisers reported the matter to the Ekeki Police Division.

When contacted on the development, spokesman for the Bayelsa State Police Command, Mr. Asinim Butswat, a deputy superintendent of police, said he had not been briefed on the incident.

He, however, described the incident as “pathetic and unfortunate”.

Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment