Family of 3 die of generator fume after Hurricane Irma sweeps through Florida - Welcome to Julia Blaise Blog

BREAKING NEWS

Quickly follow!!

Thursday, 14 September 2017

Family of 3 die of generator fume after Hurricane Irma sweeps through Florida

A family has suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning, after Hurricane Irma swept through Orange County, Florida , leading to three dead and four hospitalised.

An Orange County Sheriff’s deputy arrived at the home Tuesday after a 911 call, but was overwhelmed by the fumes inside the residence, according to a statement obtained by PEOPLE.

Orange County Fire Rescue arrived and entered the home, discovering two individuals inside who were deceased. Another individual was treated outside of the home, but was later pronounced dead at the scene.

They were siblings Jan Lebron Diaz, 13; Kiara Lebron Diaz, 16; and their mother Desiree Diaz Molina, 34.

Molina’s other son, 12-year-old Louis Lebron Diaz, is recovering at Florida Hospital in Orlando, along with three family friends from Puerto Rico, police say. Louis made the call to 911.

Police say a portable gas generator was found inside of the garage, which had been converted as an extension of the home, and was powering a refrigerator, a standalone freezer and two fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment