Barcelona FC sues former striker, Neymar for €8.5m for breach of contract - Welcome to Julia Blaise Blog

BREAKING NEWS

Wednesday, 23 August 2017

Barcelona FC sues former striker, Neymar for €8.5m for breach of contract

Barcelona FC is seeking at least €8.5 million from Neymar for breach of contract, the club said yesterday as the bitter fallout rumbles on from his world record €222-million move to Paris Saint-Germain.


“In the lawsuit, the club demands the player return the already paid sum for his contract renewal as he has not completed his contract; 8.5 million euros in damages; and an additional 10 percent because of delayed payment,” Barcelona said in a statement.

Barcelona, Neymar and his father and agent, Neymar Sr, are embroiled in a dispute over bonuses included in the five-year contract renewal he signed in 2016.

Despite being under contract, Barcelona were powerless to stop his move to PSG earlier this month as the French side met the buyout clause in his contract.

Barca added the demand was lodged against Neymar on August 11 with Barcelona’s employment court, eight days after his stunning move to Ligue 1.

The Catalan giants have also passed the claim onto FIFA and the French Football Federation via the Spanish Football Federation to take what they see as “the appropriate legal effects”.

Moreover, Barca urged PSG to pay the amount they are seeking if Neymar -- who is reported to earn 30 million euros after tax for the next five years in Paris -- isn’t able to meet their demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment