Jumia

Tuesday, 30 August 2016

Air strikes destroy new Boko Haram camp

The Nigeria Air Force (NAF) on Tuesday said a night operation conducted on Monday, successfully destroyed a new Boko Haram militants Camp, located between Malam Fatori and Kangarwa in Northern Borno state.


A statement from Air Force spokesman, Group Captain, Ayodele Famuyiwa said the new camp is about 4-6 kilometers away from the Boko Haram location attacked earlier on 20th August 2016, by NAF Mi-17 helicopter.

He explained that the camp is within the same vicinity in a similar night operation that led to the death of about 300 insurgents.

He added that the post-strike Battle Damage Assessment (BDA) mission had revealed that surviving Boko Haram militants converged at the new location.

Famuyiwa said the information was later confirmed to be true by series of follow-up Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions that led to the latest strike.

He said: "Recall that the general area around Malam Fatori and Kangarwa is infested with Boko Haram militants, hence the need to clear the remnants of in the area. The air assault is therefore expected to further degrade the capability of the insurgents while fostering the creation of the necessary enablement for own ground troops to operate," he added.

Famuyiwa also said NAF Alpha Jets have helped to repel an attack by Boko Haram militants on troops of 153 Battalion who were on fighting patrol at Ala Lumshe.

He said the troops, on Saturday 27th August 2016, had come under attack from Boko Haram militants  about four kilometers south of Marte, when the Alpha Jets were called-in to dislodge the insurgents.




No comments:

Post a Comment