Monday, 27 June 2016

Gunmen free Foreign Contractors kidnapped in Cross River

Gunmen have released foreign workers and two locals kidnapped last week in Cross River State. they include, three Australians, a South African and a New Zealander working for Australian mining and engineering company Macmahon Holdings.

"Our men are at a safe location, but unfortunately five of them were injured during the incident," Macmahon chief executive Sy van Dyk said at a press conference in Perth, Australia.   

"Macmahon Holdings Ltd is relieved to confirm the release of all seven of its men who were abducted near its operations in Calabar, Nigeria," the company said.